FMCSA’s 5-year refresher training was released July 14 and is now available to all certified Medical Examiners (MEs) currently due or past due on fulfilling this requirement through their National Registry account. Because release of the course was delayed, the FMCSA will not take action against MEs for being unable to complete it within the prescribed five-year timeframe, but will instead allow adequate time for the training to be completed.
Training must now be completed no later than December 31, 2022. Failure to do so will result in loss of certification to perform physical qualification examinations of CMV drivers and elimination as a certified Medical Examiner on the National Registry.
Follow these steps to access and complete the training requirement:
- Log into your National Registry account and select Periodic Training Due from the menu options.
- Once on the periodic training screen, follow the instructions to download the PDFs. Then review all four Modules and test your knowledge.
- At the end of the 4th module, you will find the Completion of Periodic Training certificate to print, sign, date, and save to your computer.
- You must then return to your National Registry account, select the periodic training menu item, upload your certificate of completion, and click “Certify Completion of Periodic Training.”
- Please be sure to retain a copy of your certificate of completion for your records.